Monday, May 5, 2008

The Root

"The reason we can't just make it all (anxiety and fear) go away is that fear isn't the root of our problem. Our anxiety is simply a symptom of something else, a tip off that our hearts are bent in the wrong direction." Trust by: Lydia Brownback

Anxiety is a sin. It isn't anything less, and there are no excuses. There are plenty of reasons to be anxious, but there are more reasons to "Trust in the LORD with all your heart..."

Psalm 13:5 But I have
trusted in your steadfast love; my heart shall rejoice in your salvation.

Psalm 31:14 But I
trust in you, O Lord; I say, “You are my God.”

Proverbs 29:25 The fear of man lays a snare, but whoever
trusts in the Lord is safe.

Isaiah 12:2 “Behold, God is my salvation; I will
trust, and will not be afraid; for the Lord God is
my strength and my song, and he has become my salvation.”

Isaiah 21:10 Who among you fears the
Lord and obeys the voice of his servant? Let him who walks in darkness and has no light trust in the name of the Lord and rely on his God.

Jeremiah 17:7 “Blessed is the man who
trusts in the Lord, whose trust is the Lord.

No comments: