Friday, April 4, 2008

23 & 3

Happy 23 year + 3 day birthday to Brian!

I was just thinking about the summer that Brian and I were dating. He was in Hannibal and I was in Anderson with my family. We counted the hours, minutes, and seconds until we would see each other. I think he made the trip (which should be about 6 hours) in 4 hours and 15 minutes. (I sure am glad Malaki can't read yet.) Every night that summer he would call me. I would wait for 9 o'clock to roll around and I would fight everyone else off of the phone because I knew Brian would call. I didn't realize until a few days ago what being apart that summer taught me. I waited for the phone to ring, and I knew it would be Brian. He earned my trust by showing me that I could count on him. I am so thankful for that summer because I learned what I could expect from him; someone who was committed to me, and did what he said.

I'm especially thankful for you this year on your birthday plus three days.

No comments: